Eight Reasons It’s Great To Work In Manufacturing
In today’s fragile economy, job security has become supremely important. Whether you are starting over due to job loss as a result of the covid crisis, just starting out, or simply want to change careers, it is a very opportune time to work in manufacturing.
Let’s take a look at eight of them.
Estimates as high as an increase of 3.5 million new skilled manufacturing jobs are on the horizon. This is due to:
- The Baby Boomer generation phasing out into retirement
- Manufacturing being brought back from overseas
NO NEED TO INCUR STUDENT LOAN DEBT
- College degrees have become a huge expense with no guarantee of employment in that field of study
- Manufacturing offers entry-level positions and apprenticeships in that field, almost guaranteeing a good job with longevity
- Learn about the latest tech and be a part of moving America forward
- Be an active part of improving industry standards of safety, quality, and productivity
ENJOY HIGHER WAGES AND BETTER BENEFITS
- Manufacturing is an industry that has survived covid and the workforce demands that came with it
- As the “backbone of America,” it’s considered an essential business
STAY ACTIVE AND HEALTHY
- Sedentary desk jobs can lead to various health problems
- Enjoy a job that keeps you moving and working with your hands
- Collaborate with other essential workers
OPPORTUNITIES FOR ADVANCEMENT
- Work your way up without taking time off and paying for continuing education
- You can advance within one department or transfer to another to embrace new opportunities
TAKING PRIDE IN YOUR WORK
- Today’s manufacturing jobs offer the satisfaction of creating something vital to many persons or industries while utilizing the latest technology
- The opportunity to support the growth of the reshoring of manufacturing and subsequent economic growth of the United States
TAP INTO YOUR CREATIVE SIDE
- Modern manufacturing jobs give you the opportunity to problem solve and find new and better ways of doing things
- Manufacturing jobs support many different industries, which affords you the opportunity to marry a personal interest with your work.
It’s never been a better time for hardworking, blue-collar Americans to enter the manufacturing industry. American industry leaders have taken back our businesses and restored our pride in creating American-made products. Every day Americans are being regifted with the opportunity to purchase high-quality, American-made products as a result.
Amarillo gear is proud to be an industry leader in manufacturing and is ISO 9001:2015 certified. We are currently recruiting for various roles in our organization. Click here to read our exciting list of openings.